Alamaailman Vasarat (translated: “The Hammers of the Underworld”) is an avant-garde Finnish musical group formed in 1997. Their music is influenced by European folk, klezmer, jazz and metal. The band’s founder Jarno Sarkula died on 12 July 2020 in Portugal. The names of the band members are taken from various sources.
- Jarno Sarkula (sopranino, soprano, alto, tenor, bass and contrabass saxophones, clarinet, contrabass clarinet, various woodwind instruments)
- Jarkko Niemelä (trumpet, alto horn)
- Miikka Huttunen (pump organ, grand piano, keyboards, melodica)
- Tuukka Helminen (cello)
- Marko Manninen (cello, theremin)
- Santeri Saksala (drums, percussion)