Maramures project was initiated and coordinated by Mehdi Aminian and developed together with Peter Hurley. This project is built on tradition, innovation and improvisations by the 7 musicians from 7 different countries who spent 7 days in the villages in the mountainous area of Maramures and lived the life and music of the villagers there.
This is the full album of Roots Revival Maramures which is the recording of the live performance at the Radio Hall (Sala Radio) in 2014.
You are currently listening to a live recording of a highly expressive music deeply rooted to the Romanian tradition and they way each musician expresses it in his unique way.
- The ancient call (Razvan Rosu)
- Miresuca (arranged by Alexandru Arcus)
- Oud Revival (solo Oud by Mehmet Polat)
- Escape (Arranged by Mehmet Polat)
- There is no light (arranged by Mehdi Aminian)
- Air (improvisation Kaval and percussions)
- Armenian Breeze (arranged by Emmanuel Hovhannisyan)
- Ireland Meets Moldova (improvisation Bodhran and Saxophone)
- Sapanta twigs (performed by Ensemble of Sapanta children invited to Bucharest
- The Wood’s Sorrow
- Roots of Love
Monica Madas (Romania): Vocals
Mehmet Polat (Turkey): Oud
Emmanuel Hovhannisyan (Armenia): Duduk
Alexandru Arcus (Moldova): Kaval, Saxophone
Aimee Farrel Courtney (Ireland): Bodhran
Ghassan Bouz (Lebanon): Percussions
Mehdi Aminian (Iran): Ney
Sspecial guest from Țara Moților: Răzvan Roșu on Tulnic and Vocals